Waterproofing is an integral part of a building structure, be it for residential, commercial or industrial purposes. Good waterproofing prevents water leakage and seepage in the long run. It will also save you money, time and inconveniences when waterproofing is done right the first time.
LE FONG IS AN EXPERIENCED COMPANY IN WATERPROOFING BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES.
What are some of the waterproofing techniques that we use?
There are many ways to waterproof a building. The method used for the various areas depends on the needs and uses of the place. Here are some of the techniques that Le Fong uses.
- Torch-applied Membrane
The torch-applied membrane is a type of waterproofing technique in which the membrane is torched-on using a particular kind of material called a distilled bitumen compound. It is an economical way to waterproof as it is durable and able to withstand both high and low temperatures as well as fluctuations in temperatures. The torch-applied membrane is also strengthened with polyester which prevents wrinkling during the application.
Usage of a Torch-applied Membrane
The torch-applied membrane can be applied to almost any kind of surface.
Benefits of a Torch-applied Membrane
There are many benefits of a torch-applied membrane:
- Resistance to algae and dirty mould
- Resistance to deterioration and tear
- Resistance to extreme weathers and temperature fluctuations
- Low flammability
- Ability to coat with a heat-dispersible finish
- Not easily damaged
- UV resistance
- Liquid-applied Membrane
The liquid-applied membrane is a type of waterproofing technique in which a coat of cold-applied solvent-based material is coated onto concrete surfaces. It is useful for both waterproofing and damp-proofing of a concrete structure, masonry or block. It also works as an abrasion protection coating for other surfaces. It can be applied either vertically or horizontally.
Usage of the Liquid-applied membrane
The liquid-applied membrane is useful for waterproofing and damp-proofing the following:
- Basement walls and floor slabs
- Plaster boxes, patios and balconies
- Tunnels and foundation walls
- Inspection pits, bathrooms and carparks
Benefits of the Liquid-applied membrane
The benefits of the liquid-applied membrane are numerous. Here are some of them.
- Flexible and Crack Resistant
- Resistance to aggressive soil conditions
- Easy to apply; can be cold-applied directly using a brush, roller, squeegee or trowel
- Tough and seamless
- Protects against contaminated groundwater
- Cementitious Brush-applied Coating
The cementitious brush-applied coating is a kind of waterproofing material that is suitable for all masonry structure and surfaces in contact with drinking water. It is a practical and permanent waterproofing solution to concrete structures.
Usage of Cementitious brush-applied coating
The cementitious brush-applied coating is suitable for almost all surfaces, but it is excellent when used on a surface of water-retaining structures and planter boxes.
Benefits of Cementitious brush-applied coating
The benefits of the cementitious brush-applied coating are many.
- Flexible coating that adheres to most surfaces
- Covers hairline cracks of 2.0mm or lesser
- Resistance to wear
- Resistance to weather and temperature fluctuations
- Resistance to abrasion
- Resistance to frost and thawing salts
- Contains no chlorine and salts that cause corrosion
- Non-pollutant – does not affect drinking water
- Self-adhesive Membrane
The self-adhesive membrane is specially formulated to make it easy for installation. The membrane can be easily adjusted to its best position before the adhesiveness takes effect. The strong adhesion only takes place after a few minutes after the membrane is laid in place. No open flame is needed for installation.
Usage of Self-adhesive Membrane
The self-adhesive membrane is very useful in the following:
- Restricted areas and flammable spaces
- Irregularly-shaped surfaces
- Pollutant-prone areas
Benefits of Self-adhesive Membrane
The self-adhesive membrane has essential benefits for restricted areas.
- Easy installation without open flames
- Highly resistant to acids, alkalis and other pollutants
- Adapts to irregular shape surfaces
- Ability to stretch up to 9% without breaking or cracking
- Self-seal on contact to maintain water tightness
- Constant thickness to provide a consistent protection for the waterproof area
- PVC Membrane
The PVC membrane is a superior high-quality PVC waterproofing membrane that is highly recommended for roofs and decks. It is suitable for both exposed and concealed roofs. The PVC membrane is strictly controlled during production, resulting in an excellent material with a high track record.
Usage of PVC Membrane
The PVC Membrane is a flexible waterproofing material that is adaptable to an irregular shape. It is compatible with standard roof material and can be applied directly. Some of the uses for PVC membrane include:
- Exposed roofs
- Concealed roofs
- Standard Decks
- Roof Gardens
Benefits of PVC Membrane
The PVC membrane has many benefits due to its stable, yet light-weight properties. Here are more benefits.
- Homogeneous, soft and flexible
- Adaptable to many types of surfaces
- Available in light coloured, smooth surface that promotes heat reflection
- Resistant to radiation
- Resistant to fire, sparks and radiant heat
- Resistant to general chemical environmental impact
- Resistant to root and rhizome penetration (hence suitable for roof gardens)
- Allow moisture to escape from the surface of the membrane
- Quick and easy to install
- Can be recycled
- Safe and Reliable
- Traffic-bearing Membrane
Traffic-bearing membrane is a kind of waterproofing material used to protect exposed concrete walls that are subjected to the weather. It forms a coating on an exposed concrete surface. A traffic-bearing membrane typically consists of a two-layer system: a base coat that acts as a protective barrier and a top layer that protects against traffic wear and tear.
Usage of Traffic-bearing Membrane
The traffic-bearing membrane is an UV-resistance waterproofing material. It is used on:
Benefits of Traffic-bearing Membrane
Here are the benefits of the traffic-bearing membrane:
- Resistant to extreme weather
- Resistant to weather fluctuation
- Resistant to traffic wear and tear
- Resistant to UV rays
No Hacking Waterproofing
No hacking waterproofing is another type of waterproofing method that does not require complicated hacking or removal of tiles. The typical materials used are epoxy flakes and pebble stones. It is commonly used on floor and wall surface to provide an anti-slip protection and waterproofing.
Usage of No Hacking Waterproofing
The most common usages of the no hacking waterproofing include:
- Common toilets
- Master bedroom toilets
- Shower rooms/areas
- Service Yards
- Pavements in the home garden
Benefits of No Hacking Waterproofing
No hacking waterproofing has many benefits. Some of them are:
- Creates an anti-slip surface
- Protects the floor from water damage
- No messy installation
- Quick and easy installation
- Ready to use in a day
LE FONG SPECIALISES IN THE NO HACKING WATERPROOFING METHODS FOR RESIDENTAL, COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS.
CALL OR WHATSAPP +65 8333 7667 FOR ALL YOUR WATERPROOFING SOLUTIONS!