E.MIX EP Flakes System is a decorative, solvent-free, epoxy system for application on the concrete floor or existing aged ceramic tile surfaces. There is a wide array of choice of colour chips to give life to existing old appearance.
E.MIX EP flakes system is ideal for application in showrooms, toilets, warehouses, kitchen, and corridor, etc. where an aesthetically pleasing, anti-slip surface is required.
All surfaces must be clean, sound, and free from any laitance, oil, grease, and any of contaminants. Remove all forms of oil, grease, wax, curing compound, and contaminations by using industrial detergent follow by scrubbing. The concrete surface must be shot-blast, scarifying, or grit blasting followed by vacuum cleaning. Repair any irregularities, blowholes, cracks, etc. using a solvent-free epoxy repair products.
– Prime the surface with E.MIX EP 501 GP Part A and Part B. Add Part B to Part A and mix thoroughly for using a low-speed mixer until homogenous and free from streaks. Immediately after mixing, pour the mix onto the substrate and spread with paintbrush or rollers.
– Allow E.MIX 501 GP to settle for 2-3 minutes before broadcasting. Broadcast colour flakes to saturation onto the wet base coat. Before the application of the topcoat, remove all excess broadcasted flakes
– Using a low-speed mechanical mixer, mix E.MIX 531 TC Part A to Part B until a homogeneous mix is achieved. Immediately after mixing, distribute, and level the mix with a squeegee or trowel, then backroll with a paint roller to provide a more even surface
– Curing time depends on the ambient temperature. Foot traffic access is possible after 8-12 hours, while a full cure takes 7 days.
– E.MIX EP 501 GP – Approx. 20 – 25 m² per coat application for 5 kg set.
– Mica Flakes – Approx. 20 – 25 m² per coat application for 5 kg.
– E.MIX EP 531 TC – Approx. 13– 20 m² per coat application for 6 kg set.
Clean the tools and equipment with thinner or xylene.
E.MIX EP 501 GP is available in 5 kg sets (Part A – 3.75 kg pail + Part B – 1.25 kg pail). Mica Flakes is available in 5 kg bags.
E.MIX EP 531 TC is available in 6 kg sets (Part A – 3.75 kg pail + Part B – 2.25 kg pail).
Shelf life of 12 months if the product is unopened, original containers, under dry and cool condition.
Good ventilation is required. Wear protective clothing, gloves, and goggles. The epoxy base is considered an irritant, and the hardener is corrosive. Handle with care and in the event of eyes and skin contact, wash with plenty of water, and seek medication attention if irritation persists.
Comments are closed here.