Algae and Mold Removal Service
To free your business or residence from the creeping spread of mould, professional attention is necessary. Our team at Le Fong will find and eliminate mould where it appears, clean the air of the microscopic spores that it uses to reproduce and take active steps to prevent mould issues from appearing again.
Amateur efforts at mould eradication in Singapore are unlikely to eliminate the mould entirely, and attempts by inexperienced people to tackle the problem themselves can end up damaging the surfaces within the home. These efforts may still be unsuccessful in removing the entirety of the mould in the area, opening the door to a renewed effort by the mould to spread through the property and exacerbate the original problem.
For expert mould removal in Singapore, our experienced field workers represent the natural choice. We use the best and most effective mould removal technique currently available for most situations. It meets the problem directly, taking direct steps to erase mould from your property and prevent its return.
The Mould Removal Process
Our mould experts will come to your property and diagnose the source of mould by way of visual inspection. With the assistance of moisture meters and humidity meters we will trace any moisture findings back to the source and notify you of our findings, then give you detailed advice on the best way to stop the root cause of the mould in its tracks. This will be followed with a detailed report on our findings and diagnosis along with recommendations of achievable and realistic preventative actions and cures. In circumstances that require it, we can take air samples and swab samples and send them to the lab for incubation and culturing to determine mould counts and species.
We need to stop any direct sources that may be occurring such as, sub floor water seepage, leaking pipes, leaking roof, leaking ceiling, leaking gutters. We will advise you on what needs to be done after our inspection. The moisture inside the house should not be dried prior to removal of the mould as the air movers will promote the spreading of the mould spores.
The process starts with a mist spray of our non toxic, non hazardous mould removal agent. This chemical consists of totally natural ingredients and is a hospital grade disinfectant. The chemical is completely safe for asthmatics and allergy sufferers. Our unique chemical will kill mould at the spore and it also has a residual effect which will help with the prevention of future mould growth on any surface to which it is applied. This product is then spread across all surfaces to ensure that all areas have been treated. Extra scrubbing will take place where there is visible mould. HEPA vacuums are used to extract mould spores from all soft furnishings, floors and carpets. Whilst all of this is taking place we have 4 stage air purifiers operating that capture 99.5% of airborne mould spores and bacteria. This is a key element in mould removal as we are actually capturing the mould spores not just killing them. Dead mould spores are just as toxic as live mould spores and they are actually a food source for mould spores.
4. Dry Out
If moisture is evident it must be dried out. We have air movers (blowers) and dehumidifiers which we will bring to the site to dry out the building to ensure that your building structure is dry. Otherwise the mould will continue to grow. It is vital that you don’t try and dry out the infected areas prior to the mould being removed as you may help spread mould spores further.
Now it is time to make sure that our mould removal is permanent. This can only be achieved if the original root cause has been rectified. We will advise you on what needs to be done to achieve this. The most common preventative maintenance requirements are: Sub floor ventilation, rising damp treatment, drainage improvements, landscaping improvements, introduction of dehumidifiers, repair of guttering and down pipes, improving of overall ventilation and airflow, cutting back of trees, and bathroom ventilation just to name a few.
How Mould Can Affect Your Health
Moulds have the potential to cause health problems. Moulds produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould/mould spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive people. Allergic reactions to mould are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Moulds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mould. In addition, mould exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mould-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mould.
Actions that will reduce moisture
- When water leaks or spills occur indoors – ACT QUICKLY. If wet or damp materials or areas are dried 24-48 hours after a leak or spill happens, in most cases mould will not grow.
- Clean and repair roof gutters regularly.
- Make sure the ground slopes away from the building foundation, so that water does not enter or collect around the foundation.
- Keep air conditioning drip pans clean and the drain lines unobstructed and flowing properly.
- Keep indoor humidity low. If possible, keep indoor humidity below 60 percent (ideally between 30 and 50 percent) relative humidity.
- If you see condensation or moisture collecting on windows, walls or pipes ACT QUICKLY to dry the wet surface and reduce the moisture/water source. Condensation can be a sign of high humidity.
Actions That Will Help To Reduce Humidity
- Vent appliances that produce moisture, such as clothes dryers and stoves when possible.
- Use air conditioners and/or de-humidifiers when needed.
- Run the bathroom fan or open the window when showering. Use exhaust fans or open windows whenever cooking, running the dishwasher or dishwashing, etc.
Actions That Will Help Prevent Condensation
- Reduce the humidity.
- Increase ventilation or air movement by opening doors and/or windows, when practical. Use fans as needed.
- Cover cold surfaces, such as cold water pipes, with insulation.
- Increase air temperature.