Underwater Epoxy Grouting
Infrastructure remains one of the most important aspects of the Singaporean economy. Regardless of whether this is in relation to residential, civil or commercial construction, there is no doubt that the city is expanding, providing outstanding opportunities for civil engineers.
A consequence of this growth is that there are more examples of civil engineers working within tricky environments. This could include underwater, in sewers or near other corrosive chemicals. Take underwater applications, for example.
Building underwater assets around piles, dams, slipways or pillars requires products built to last, capable of providing ideal outcomes for both civil engineering businesses and clients. This is certainly where we can be of assistance.
As a well-known and respected part of the Singaporean civil engineering landscape, we have the technology and expertise to support your underwater grouting needs. As one of our four leading business areas, we are constantly working to provide the ideal solutions to ensure every angle is covered.
What underwater grouting do we specialise in?
Over the past decades, we have built a solid knowledge of underwater grouting applications in the civil engineering sector. As such, when businesses need a grout for saline and sulphate conditions, we have the tools and products to support project goals.
We specialise in underwater epoxy grouting which is especially designed for filling voids and is perfect for use across many underwater environments including:
- Cable Tunnel
Underwater Grout (Epoxy Resin) Product
It is a ready to use, cementitious grout that can be used for applications underwater. The grout, when properly mixed, will have no significant ‘wash out’ of the cement phase.
It is a blend of Portland cement, carefully selected and graded aggregates, and admixtures, enabling it to achieve excellent flow, non wash-out characteristics, and high compressive strength.
It can be used for free flowing or pumped grout applications underwater, for reinstating concrete:
- Bridge columns
There is no significant ‘wash-out’ of cement phase when placed underwater.
- Effectively displaces water
- Shrinkage compensating properties
- High early & 28 day strengths
- Does not segregate or bleed
- Good impact, vibration and thermal resistance
- Non-corrosive to steel or iron
- Complies with MP20-Part 3 Class A Grout
It is a pourable high density mortar, based on a 2-component solvent free epoxy resin containing fine fillers. It is highly insoluble in water and readily displaces water enabling it to be employed in wet and underwater applications.
It may be used for underwater grouting work. Excellent adhesion to clean water immersed concrete, stone masonry, brick, wood or steel surfaces. Highly insoluble in water and safe for specialist diver use. Used for injection of cracks 0.5mm to 40mm wide under water (cracks not conducting a water flow under pressure). Ideal for pile jacketing using prepacked aggregate in formwork. Mixed with 30% by volume sand a high build paint is formed that is easy to apply under water. It may be used to grout starter bars and bolts for underwater construction work. The material may also be used as a bonding bridge for underwater concreting and as a pipeline jointing material.
- Applicable in wet, underwater or marine applications.
- Applicable at low temperatures.
- High mechanical strengths.
- Highly insoluble in water and suitable for application by specialist divers.
- Supplied in factory proportioned units.
- Shrink free.
- Excellent chemical resistance to water, sea water, waste water, sewage, fuels, oils, dilute acids and dilute alkalis.
FF EG UW
It is based on Portland cement, graded aggregate and chemical additives, which impart controlled expansion whilst in the plastic state. It is used for free flow or pumped grouting applications underwater or in tidal zones. There is no significant “wash-out” of the cement paste and in fact displaces water when used in submerged conditions.
- Bridge columns
- Quarry pillars
- Concrete piling
- Wharf columns
Features & Benefits:
- Gaseous expansion system compensates for shrinkage and settlement whilst in the plastic state.
- Can be dry packed, rammed, trowelled, poured and pumped.
- Economical, low in place cost.
- Ready to use, pre-mixed, requires only the addition of water.
- No metallic iron content to cause staining.
- Lower water/cement ratio reduces drying shrinkage, increases durability and reduces permeability.
- Excellent flow characteristics, when used in fluid consistency, will fill intricate cavities.
- Complete void filling resulting from gaseous expansion in plastic state.
- Displaces water effectively.
Features & Benefits:
- Shrinkage compensated – continues to retain filled volume.
- Non-wash out
– no significant cement wash out under water.
– gains full strength even underwater.
- Free flowing – flows easily even in gaps as narrow as 20mm, to facilitate complete filling of voids.
- Pre-packed – no batching or blending errors. Consistency in performance from batch to batch.
- Dense micro structure – resists water ingress. Protects steel.
- High early and final strengths – early load transfer and rapid installation.
- High bond strength – primer not required to achieve good bond.
- Iron free – no deterioration of grout due to rust expansion.
It is a high density high performance epoxy based grouting system designed for structural applications in submerged or water affected conditions. It is a solvent free, two-component system, with a high flow capability.
- Areas requiring grouting below the water level and a moisture insensitive bond to the concrete substrate
- Structural repair of wharf piles
- Base plates and machinery grouting
- Crane rails and tight clearances
- Exterior grouting and repair applications
- Coating structures (e.g. boat ramps) effected by tidal changes during applications
Features and Benefits:
- High early and ultimate strengths
- High bond strength to steel and concrete correctly prepared
- Supplied in pre-measured volumes eliminating the need for on site measuring and ensuring product success
- Easily pumped through suitable equipment
- Displaces water
- Excellent chemical resistance against oils, mineral acids, seawater, fuels and alkali solutions
- Resistance to vibration and high repetitive dynamic loads
- Solventless – shrink free
It is used for free flow or pumped grouting applications underwater or in tidal zones. There will be no significant ‘wash-out’ of the cement phase. Applications include bridge columns, quay pillars, concrete piling, slipways and dams. Formulated anti-wash out, specialist grout for underwater grouting applications.
It is supplied as a ready to use powder. The addition of a controlled amount of clean water produces a free flowing grout. The grout exhibits exceptional resistance to ‘washing-out’ of the cement phase when placed in stationary or moving water.
It is a blend of cement, graded fine aggregate and chemical additives which impart controlled expansion, water reduction and non wash-out characteristics. The aggregate grading minimises segregation and bleeding whilst assisting the flow characteristics. Maximum aggregate size for pumping is 1 mm.
- No risk of significant ‘wash-out’ of cement phase when placed underwater
- Displaces water effectively
- Gaseous expansion system compensates for shrinkage and settlement in the plastic state
- High early and ultimate strength and exceptional resistance to freeze-thaw cycling ensure durability of the hardened grout
- Chloride free
- Pre-packaged needing only on-site addition of water
It is a two component, finely filled, low viscosity, epoxy resin grout. Its high density displaces water to enable high performance underwater suitability. The components are supplied in the correct mix proportions designed for whole pack mixing so that flow and mechanical properties are consistent.
It is a free flowing grout where the mechanical properties of the hardened grout must be of the highest order. It is suitable for underwater grouting work and for the repair of water immersed concrete structures.
- Excellent adhesion to water immersed concrete, masonry or brick surfaces
- High density ensures complete water displacement
- High compressive, tensile and flexural strengths
- Cures with negligible shrinkage
- Pre-measured components allow easy mixing, and free flowing properties ensure speed of application